We ship globally to all destinations serviced by Royal Mail.
All orders are sent by first class Royal Mail post (except where your order qualified for FREE postage or you select the flat rate option, both of which are sent by Second Class Royal Mail), a signature is not required for deliveries apart from:
If UK customers order Next Day Special Delivery. A signature is required for this delivery. For large orders we may insist on recorded delivery.
When possible, all our orders are dealt with on a daily basis, so turnaround for delivery within the UK will usually be within 3-5 days, often sooner. Europe delivery time should be 7 days week and the Rest of World delivery should be 2-3 weeks. All UK orders should be received within 14 days and International orders within 4 weeks. In the instance that an item is out of stock the customer will be informed and given further options.
In the event that your order becomes lost in the postal system, we ask that you wait up to 21 working days from the date your order was dispatched before we can issue replacements or refund a missing order.
Unless you have selected our Next Day Delivery service, or qualify for our FREE post (which is sent by Second Class Royal Mail) we send all orders by First Class Royal Mail post, meaning that 93% of all of our UK orders arrive next day; however this is not a guaranteed service and we are not liable if an item arrives late. For guaranteed timed deliveries in the UK please choose our Next Day Special Delivery service.
Circumstances beyond our control
Neither we, nor any delivery service that we use, shall be liable for any failure to deliver goods where such failure or delay results from any circumstances outside our reasonable control; these circumstances include but are not limited to adverse weather conditions (such as snow, flood and extreme winds), fire, explosion, accident, traffic congestion, obstruction of any private or public highway, riot, terrorism, act of God, or industrial dispute or strike.
Customs, duties and taxes
The Curious Pancake will not be held liable for any duties, taxes or any other payments whatsoever incurred in relation to the importation of its goods to another country. All such costs will be payable by the purchaser of such goods.
30 Day Returns Policy
We understand that from time to time you may wish to return a product to us. We have created this 30 day returns policy to enable you to return products to us in appropriate circumstances.
This returns policy applies to customers in England, Wales and Scotland. This policy does not affect your statutory rights (such as your rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000).
Where you have no other legal right to return a product and receive a refund or exchange, then you will nonetheless be entitled to return a product to us where:-
- we receive the returned product within 30 days following the date of purchase of the product;
- the returned product is unused, in its original unopened packaging (with any seal or shrink-wrap intact, with any labels still attached) and
- otherwise in a condition enabling us to sell the product as new;
- you comply with the returns procedure set out below; and
- none of the exclusions set out below apply.
In order to take advantage of your rights under this returns policy, you must:-
- Login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button.
- Please give as much detail as possible as to why you are returning your item, whether faulty, wrong item, dissatisfied with product etc.
- We will them contact you with a returns number
- Once you have received this number you can then send the item(s), packaged securely and appropriately, including the returns number on
- the front of the parcel, by recorded delivery to:-
The Curious Pancake, [Returns number] Returns, 3 Olympia Way, Hucknall, Nottingham NG15 8HT
You will be responsible for paying postage costs associated with returns under this policy, except in cases where we have acknowledged error.
We will notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
You should expect to receive your refund within 30 days of posting your package; however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly.
This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once wereceive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
The following kinds of products may not be returned under this policy:-
- food, drink and any other products liable to deteriorate within the period set out in Section 1 and 2 above;
- DVDs, CDs and other audio or video or audio-visual recordings;
- computer software (whether on CD-ROM, DVD-ROM or otherwise);
- newspapers, periodicals, magazines or similar products;
- toiletries and cosmetics; * any product made to your specification including handwritten cards;
- any product made to order including handwritten cards;
- gift vouchers;
We will send you a refund for the full price of any product properly returned by you in accordance with the terms of this returns policy (including the original delivery charges and excluding the costs of returning the product to us).
We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of the day we received your returned product.
In the event that your order becomes lost in the postal system, we ask that you wait up to 21 working days from the date your order was dispatched before we can issue replacements or refund the missing order.
Where you return a product in contravention of this policy (and where you do not have any other legal right to return the product):-
- we will not refund or exchange the product;
- we may retain the returned product until you pay to us such additional amount as we may charge for re-delivery of the returned product; and
- if we do not receive payment of such additional amount within 14 days of issuing a request for payment, we may destroy or otherwise dispose
- of the returned product in our sole discretion without any liability to you.
Our full name is Claire Senior trading under the name of The Curious Pancake
Our registered office and principal trading address is: 3 Olympia Way, Hucknall, Nottingham NG15 8HT.
Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org you can also reach us at: email@example.com